Thursday, December 21, 2006

Once a Week. Whether You Like It or Not

I’m not bragging or anything, but Grim Richard gets a fair amount of e-mail and comments. True, most of this correspondence has the subject line “Four Inches in Six Months!”, but that’s indicative of nothing in particular. The readers in Grim Richard’s life haven’t had anything to complain about (wink) if you know what I mean.

Why? Have you heard something?

Actually, some of our readers have commented about the frequency of my posts and apparently my wife agrees because after reading my last entry, she casually dropped this bomb:

“You should write one of these every day.”

She smiled when she said this. I believe she regards these posts as a kind of bilious gas that builds up and must be released - followed almost immediately by an apology. I patiently explained the method to my madness.

“I used to post all the time. As I grow older, though, I’ve realized that quality is more important than quantity. So, instead of doling out a daily dose of dreck that depends mostly on double entendre and fart jokes, I like to give my readers one solid column every week on Thursday. Whether they like it or not. Unless I’m tired.”

“They have no idea how lucky they are,” my wife said dryly.

I am nothing, however, if not attentive. Commencing immediately, Grim Richard readers can subscribe to the Grim Richard notification service. Simply e-mail me at grimrichard@grimrichard.com and I’ll make sure that you get an e-mail whenever a new post goes up.

And don’t worry about being spammed. It requires a kind of dedication I’m just not willing to give.

Just ask my wife.

4 comments:

Botch the Crab said...

Personally, I just use RSS to subscribe to your blog. That way I always know whenever there's a new post.

Which is important because, frankly, it's about the funniest and most well -written blog I read. :)

Grim Richard said...

I appreciate the compliment. I like RSS, too.

Judging from the response, though, a lot of people prefer to sign up by e-mail.

I don't mind. You readers are a pretty good crowd. I'll do what I can to keep you interested.

TWForeman said...

Last post: Thursday, December 21, 2006
Today: Monday, January 8, 2007

Hmm. What happened to Once A Week?

:-)

Grim Richard said...

It's been a tough couple of weeks; all will be explained - or, at the very least - flimsy excuses will be made.